Inman Zucchini Slaw
Refreshing side dish!
- 1/2 small sweet red onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of two limes
- 3 T. finely shredded arugula
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 4 cups grated yellow and green zucchini
- 4 small vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and sliced in wedges, or use 1 cup cherry tomoatoes cut in half
- Dress with 1/4 c. olive oil, juice of a lime, 1/2 tsp honey, salt and pepper
Mix onion, chile, garlic, lime juice, arugula, salt, and pepper. Add zucchini and tomatoes. Let marinate for 10 minutes to 1 hour. Use a slotted spoon to remove any extra liquid. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss. Serve with a slotted spoon as zucchini will continue to release extra, unwanted moisture.
Recipe note: This is great served with simply grilled meats such as Tequila Marinated Pork Tenderloin.