Current Job Openings at Inman Family Wines
Available openings: Tasting Room Associate (full time)
Inman Family Wines is located in the Russian River Valley in Sonoma County, California. We are a small, family business specializing in Pinot Noir in its various guises – Rosé, Red and Sparkling!
Inman Family Wines’ Russian River Valley estate vineyard, Olivet Grange, is planted to Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris. It is farmed sensitively using only organically certified inputs and provides habitat for dozens of species of birds and a variety of other wildlife.
Our winery building also reflects our “eco-ethics.” The winery was built using recycled and repurposed materials, is solar powered, reprocesses all winery gray-water and stores it for use for irrigation when needed and for fire safety.
Tasting Room Associate
Job Description: The Tasting Room Associates for Inman Family assist in all aspects of the guest experiences, including hosting tastings, providing wine education, and completing retail sales of wine. The Tasting Room Associates will also assist in taking phone reservations, preparing orders for take out and UPS/FedEx delivery, and from time to time, special events, off-site consumer tastings, wine club activities, and any other related tasks which involve direct guest contact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Greeting Guests as they arrive at the tasting room, providing tasting and wine education, assisting guests with their Sonoma County visits.
- Encourage and complete retail sales onsite and over the phone.
- Promote Wine Club memberships to guests and process club sign-ups.
- Interact with Club members via phone and internet. Provide club benefits to members who visit the winery.
- Weekends Required.
- Washing and stocking glasses, stocking wine and gift items, completing general clean-up of all guest areas throughout the day. This can include monitoring the tasting room, restrooms, and all public areas.
- Assist with the packing and shipping of wine orders as needed.
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to stand and walk for long hours
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to work both inside and outside in varying weather conditions
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong sales skills
- A love of storytelling
- A sense of humor
- Strong computer skills
- Wine knowledge and a willingness to learn more
- A love of wine and a willingness to learn more
- $25-$27.50 per hour
- Vacation and sick pay
- Vision, dental and other insurance options
- Commission and gratuities
- Continuing education in sales and WSET sponsorship
Inman Family is an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.